WEST HIGH VISION STATEMENT
We are a growth oriented culture where staff members have high expectations for ALL students and work collaboratively to focus on student learning, critical thinking and problem-solving to ensure college/career readiness.
WEST HIGH MISSION STATEMENT
Believe, Achieve, Succeed
- Improve student academic performance
- Promote school pride
- Instructional time is rigorous, relevant, and valued
- Professionalism, integrity and collaboration among staff
- Support all students
- Commitment and excellence in all we do
- Building relationships
A PORTRAIT OF A VIKING GRADUATE: School-wide Learner Outcomes
Students will be able to demonstrate that they are. . .
- Able to read, write, articulate and demonstrate their learning.
- Analyze and evaluate evidence, arguments, claims, and beliefs
- Effective communicators and collaborators
- Able to access and evaluate information
- Able to utilize skills and moral/ethical values to make choices
- Productive members of the community
Prepared for College and Career
- Prepared to pursue higher educational goals
- Experience in career technical education and vocational skills
- Exposed and engaged to college level learning (concurrent and dual enrollment)