WEST HIGH VISION STATEMENT
We are a growth oriented culture where staff members have high expectations for ALL students and work collaboratively to focus on student learning, critical thinking and problem-solving to ensure college/career readiness.
WEST HIGH MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of West High School is to provide the programs and services to make it possible for all students to graduate on time with a high school diploma prepared to succeed in the workplace or in collegiate studies.
- Improve student academic performance
- Promote school pride
- Instructional time is rigorous, relevant, and valued
- Professionalism, integrity and collaboration among staff
- Support all students
- Commitment and excellence in all we do
- Building relationships
A PORTRAIT OF A VIKING GRADUATE: School-wide Learner Outcomes
Students will be able to demonstrate that they are. . .
- Able to read, write, articulate and demonstrate their learning.
- Analyze and evaluate evidence, arguments, claims, and beliefs
- Effective communicators and collaborators
- Able to access and evaluate information
- Able to utilize skills and moral/ethical values to make choices
- Productive members of the community
Prepared for College and Career
- Prepared to pursue higher educational goals
- Experience in career technical education and vocational skills
- Exposed and engaged to college level learning (concurrent and dual enrollment)