West High Vision Statement:
We are a growth oriented culture where staff members have high expectations for ALL students and work collaboratively to focus on student learning, critical thinking and problem-solving to ensure college/career readiness.
West High Mission Statement:
Believe, Achieve, Succeed
We value many things but believe that the core to our success in helping your student is through holding ourselves to the following values:
1. Improve student academic performance
2. Promote school pride
3. Instructional time is rigorous, relevant, and valued
4. Professionalism, integrity and collaboration among staff
5. Support all students
6. Commitment and excellence in all we do
7. Building relationships
School Wide Learner Outcomes (SLOs):
Every student will demonstrate that they are...
- Able to read, write, articulate and demonstrate their learning.
- Analyze and evaluate evidence, arguments, claims, and beliefs
- Effective communicators and collaborators
- Able to access and evaluate information
- Able to utilize skills and moral/ethical values to make choices
- Productive members of the community
Prepared for College and Career
- Prepared to pursue higher educational goals
- Experience in career technical education and vocational skills
- Exposed and engaged to college level learning (concurrent and dual enrollment)