Links For Teachers
CDE Recommended Literature K-12
Fair Use and Copyright Laws for Teachers
California Teachers Association (CTA)
Kern High School Teachers Association (KHSTA)
Library Survival Skills For New College Students – from Bakersfield College
Your high school seniors are our college freshmen. These skills are what they need to succeed!
5 Practices for Building Positive Relationships With Students
By Kelley Clark; published online: August 7, 2012 | Education Week Teacher
- http://www.edweek.org/tm/articles/2012/08/07/tln_cThe lark.html?tkn=QOUFZuCVjmgUSA3UYr6NgT6p82r247YnR9kc&cmp=ENL-TU-NEWS1
The Educator’s Reference Desk
Thinkfinity – 1000’s of FREE Lesson Plans & Resources
The Best on the Web for Teachers
RubiStar–grading rubric maker
Calispere – CA Content Standards – Lessons Plans & Downloads
How Students Use Technology to Cheat
Rick Morris’ teacher tips and more – great site!
Purdue Online Writing Lab
Holt Handbook Online Resources
California K-12 Digital Resources
Online content from Encyclopaedia Britannica, ProQuest research databases, and TeachingBooks.net are available — at school, at home, in libraries, on laptops, on phones — to all.
These three databases are provided for all California students from the California State Library.
Encyclopaedia Britannica (PreK-12)
A comprehensive interactive resource for research and learning for grades K-12. Includes correlations to California Content Standards and other valuable teacher resources. Post links directly to each school level, elementary, middle or high.
ProQuest (Grades 3-12)
* The icons above and main links below work for accessing these resources on your school campus. Students and staff with the district/school's off-campus access name and access codes should use the "Off-Campus Access" links below when using from public libraries or other non-school locations.
- CultureGrams - Concise social, cultural, and political information on countries, U.S. states, and provinces around the world. (Grades 3-12)
CultureGrams Off-Campus Access
- SIRS Discoverer - A general reference database providing safe, reliable, curriculum-aligned content and features for use by students and educators. (Grades 3-9)
SIRS Discoverer Off-Campus Access
- SIRS Issues Researcher - Pros and cons on 360+ (and growing) complex social issues with relevant, credible information that tells the whole story on the major questions of the day. (Grades 6+)
SIRS Issues Researcher Off-Campus Access
- eLibrary - Guided Research edition delivers one of the largest general reference collections of periodical and digital media content including more than 11,000 Research Topics (Grades 6+)
eLibrary Guided Research Off-Campus Access
- eLibrary - Database Edition General reference aggregation of periodical and digital media content with editorial guidance for novice researchers. (Grades 6+)
eLibrary Database Edition Off-Campus Access
- ProQuest Central Student - designed to bring instant results to users across thousands of journals, magazines, newspapers, videos, reports, and more. This resource brings together some of ProQuest's most used databases in education, humanities, psychology, science, social sciences, and news. (Grades 9+, IB, AP, College Prep)
Central Student Off-Campus Access
- ProQuest Research Companion - a self-guided product that supports information literacy, writing, and research skills instruction.(Grades 8+)
Research Companion Off-Campus Access
- Schools & Educators Complete - eBook subscription database of over 13,000 titles that supports English Language Arts, Science, Math, Social Studies, Health, Physical Education, Information Literacy and Technology. (Grades 9+, possibly some content for Middle School, also includes professional development content for faculty)